Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom



This is a story about the meaning of time. Did it earn one of the top places in my heart? No. Will it change my life? Probably not. But it moved swiftly and was an easy and enjoyable read that taught me something. I fear it might be forgettable, but the experience of reading it was great. It lived up to the good reviews in the back of the book. 

Perhaps I could have enjoyed it more had I seen the wrong in the time keeper's curiosity and the good in God's punishment to a man that followed his mind's cravings to understand time. I admire how an author can create something that gives you conflicting feelings and yet love it.

My favorite quotes:


“Man rarely knows his own power,”


“…, the sorrow of lost time became a permanent hole in the human heart.”



“…a desperate heart will seduce the mind.”

Sometimes, when you are not getting the love you want, giving makes you think you will.

“A heart weighs more when it splits in two; it crashes in the chest like a broken plane.”

And when hope is gone, time is punishment.

Time is not something you give back. The very next moment may be an answer to your prayer. To deny that is to deny the most important part of the future.
What’s that?
Hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment